Secure, seamless access across physical, virtual, and cloud servers.
- An Integrated platform that delivers comprehensive, consistent and secure connectivity across the datacenter and into the cloud for mobile users, on-premises staff and distributed offices
- Unified Remote Access for on-premises traditional connectivity (Traditional RRAS based VPN, DirectAccess, Web Application Proxy) for enterprise devices as well as BYOD application support
- Turnkey deployment and a single management interface
- Secure remote access to applications in the cloud and on-premises
- Site to Site VPN access between private and public clouds, or multi cloud
- Makes your cloud migration journey secure through end to end auditing and monitoring of connectivity
Today, with the rise of cloud computing, we have a redefined vision of IT. Organizations are increasingly diversifying their IT infrastructure and moving from physical to a mix of physical, virtual, and cloud environments. This transformation in the datacenter is bringing new challenges in getting secure and consistent connectivity across different IT systems, cloud services, and plethora of devices. In virtualized and cloud computing environments, legacy perimeter security solutions are not fully equipped to provide seamless connectivity, critical for utilizing the benefits from scalable, agile, and cost effective cloud infrastructure.
||Celestix series of Cloud Edge Security Appliances bring the power of the Microsoft Cloud OS into your datacenter. Cloud operating systems and services are now critical, even within private datacenters. Microsoft’s Cloud OS platform tightly integrates with the Celestix Cloud Edge Security Appliances. Our dedicated Cloud OS hardware and management experience extends the best of Microsoft’s battle-tested Cloud OS software, based on Windows Server 2012 R2, into a completely integrated hardware and software platform.
Celestix E Series Cloud Edge Security Appliance, offers dedicated hardware and management software for end to end management of secure access to on-premises and cloud resources. This out of the box solution reduces the cost and complexity of tying together diverse connectivity options. It empowers IT administrators to handle datacenter and cloud workloads smoothly; to support employees wherever they work; and to integrate employees’ personal mobile devices into the enterprise fabric.
The tightly integrated features of the Cloud Edge Security Appliance ensures secure and seamless connectivity across datacenter and cloud resources.
- Unified Remote Access
Various remote access infrastructure components such as traditional client-based remote access VPN as well as Microsoft DirectAccess are consolidated to provide different connectivity options from a single appliance without the hassle of dealing with different cross-vendor solutions.
- Microsoft DirectAccess provides secure always-on connectivity for Windows 7/8/8.1
DirectAccess helps users to experience the full corporate environment from any location through any internet connection. All assets from intranet websites to line-of-business applications are accessible for the user without any need to manually connect to the enterprise. This reduces connection problems, productivity bottlenecks, and IT support cases. “Always-on” remote management also ensures that all devices are updated and in compliance with group policy at all times.
- Traditional cross platform VPN for Windows, Android, Mac OSX and iOS access
Clients using non Windows devices or those not using the enterprise version of Windows 7/8/8.1 can fall back on traditional VPN for their remote access requirements.
- HOTPin multi-factor authentication integration out-of-the-box
Celestix HOTPin two-factor authentication integrates with the Cloud Edge Security Appliance to provide a simple solution to complex password requirements and maximize
- Web Application Proxy for secure on premise website access and identity federation
Web Application Proxy allows administrators to publish applications selectively for external access. It enables end users to access these applications from outside the corporate network using any device. Web Application Proxy pre-authenticates application access with Active Directory Federation Services. It also provides reverse proxy functionality to provide seamless application access to users. It can also be deployed in conjunction with DirectAccess and VPN to provide a comprehensive remote access solution supporting both managed and non-managed devices.
- Work Folders
Work Folders that can be used to store and access work files on personal computers and devices from anywhere. For BYOD environments Work Folders can be a very simple and easy way to access important files.
- Hybrid cloud connectivity between private and public clouds
Site to Site VPN enables access between private and public clouds, or multiple cloud providers by establishing a secure connection from an enterprise datacenter to the cloud infrastructure. This allows users to access resources across clouds without having to explicitly establish individual VPN connection to them.
- Remote Desktop Gateway for complete and secure remote desktop connectivity
Remote Desktop Gateway enables authorized users to connect to remote computers on a corporate network from any computer without creating a VPN connection. It uses the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) along with the HTTPS protocol to help create a more secure, encrypted connection. Remote Desktop Gateway allows you to share a network connection with other programs running on your computer enabling you to send and receive data over the remote connection.
Celestix has launched a new version of the E Series Cloud Edge Security Appliance. New features enable managing the Windows® Server 2012 R2 Remote Access platform from a simplified web interface. With a diverse suite of network connectivity options, the E Series reduces administrative overhead of both set up and management for any type of infrastructure, whether it be on-premises, virtual, or cloud.
Celestix appliances are preconfigured with Windows Server 2012 R2 and are ready to deploy once unpacked. Administrators can forego the time-consuming* tasks of installing the OS and building the server. Instead, they get to focus immediately on configuring features.
The new release is packed with functionality like simplified configuration, enhanced reporting, and remote monitoring. Once configured, administrators can monitor and manage features from a work station; no need for KVM or RDP access to the appliance.
- One click to install a major service (ADFS/Device Registration Service, NPS, DirectAccess/VPN, Web Application Proxy, Remote Desktop Gateway, Remote Desktop Web, Work Folders).
- Quick access to service status and client usage information.
- Enhanced reporting for monitoring and compliance requirements.
- Efficient troubleshooting for DirectAccess client connections.
- Streamlined connection to Remote Access advanced management.
- The web user interface supports the latest version of popular browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox).
One-Click Feature Installation
Remote Access functionality includes multiple options, some of which require additional services that can introduce conflicts. Setting up the E Series offers convenient installation for Remote Access roles and doesn’t allow incompatible features to be configured. Each deployment strategy will customize the available options as best suited to organizational needs. Necessary features are enabled or disabled with one click.
Remote Access Dashboard
Infrastructure maintenance requires evaluation and oversight. The dashboard provides simplified monitoring for Remote Access services and client connections from a single screen in the Comet web user interface. Graphical tools offer easy reference, and statistical data summarizes Direct Access & VPN usage.
Enhanced Reporting functions.
Metrics are essential for IT controls, and are useful for evaluating progress towards Remote Access strategy objectives. Four predefined reports include date and output customization for oversight, auditing, and compliance requirements.
DirectAccess Client Diagnostics
Troubleshooting when clients are unable to connect to the corporate network using DirectAccess can be challenging. The E Series includes a tool by Microsoft to collect client-side data which is automatically uploaded as a log file to the appliance. Administrators can review log data online or download it as report. The tool is a simple application end users download and then double-click to run.
If administrators require advanced configuration, the E Series includes a convenient link for quick access to the Windows Server Remote Access management console.
*For more information on the benefits of choosing an appliance, read the whitepaper.
Why use the Celestix Cloud Edge Security Appliance
- Purpose-built appliance – does not require the level of expertise that do-it-yourself solutions require, they reduce the time to deploy them while reducing total cost of ownership. Administrators are not required to source and procure all the different hardware components, assemble the device, install and harden the operating system, and install and configure the application. Administrators can achieve higher performance with optimized hardware and software.
- Improved Celestix COMET software engine is the heart of the appliance. The new and improved purpose built software engine and management console is a single interface to manage appliance and software components. It provides an intuitive and feature rich web UI that allows for advanced configuration of role & feature settings and provides automated updates.
- Enhanced Resilience – Ability to clone HDD profiles as well as integrated back-up and restore functionality for disaster recovery. Hardware-integrated backup and restore functionality for disaster recovery, including off-box HDD cloning.
- Jog Dial, LCD display and front facing ports – enables fast, easy setup, management, and monitoring.
- Simple Deployment – provides a pre-configured and standardized platform to reduce time of deployment.
- Quick Installation – No additional staff time is required to configure and manage Cloud Edge Security Appliance, and the hardware is fully packaged to minimize the burden on your IT staff.
- Single Source Procurement and Technical Support – Celestix supports every layer of the solution, eliminating problems with hardware compatibility or operating system patches. From hardware and operating system to programs like Advanced Hardware Replacement, customers benefit from the power of one vendor.
- Out-of-band management – Administrators can monitor the appliance through a dedicated management interface to configure and manage the appliance and remotely power on or power off the device.
Join to Workplace from Any Device for SSO
Both Work Folders and Workplace Join can be enabled easy via Celestix Comet Web Interface.
With Work Folders users can store and access work files on personal computers and devices, often referred to as bring-your-own device (BYOD), in addition to corporate PCs. Users gain a convenient location to store work files, and they can access them from anywhere. Organizations maintain control over corporate data by storing the files on centrally managed file servers, and optionally specifying user device policies such as encryption and lock-screen passwords.
Work Folders can be deployed with existing deployments of Folder Redirection, Offline Files, and home folders. Work Folders stores user files in a folder on the server called a sync share. You can specify a folder that already contains user data, which enables you to adopt Work Folders without migrating servers and data or immediately phasing out your existing solution.
By using Workplace Join, information workers can join their personal devices with their company’s workplace computers to access company resources and services. When you join your personal device to your workplace, it becomes a known device and provides seamless second factor authentication and Single Sign-On to workplace resources and applications. When a device is joined by Workplace Join, attributes of the device can be retrieved from the directory to drive conditional access for the purpose of authorizing issuance of security tokens for applications. With Celestix Cloud Edge, Windows 8.1 and iOS devices can be joined by using Workplace Join.
|Type of Business
||Designed for small to mid-sized enterprises
||Designed for large and multinational enterprises
||Designed for large and multinational enterprises
||Below 500 concurrent users
||500 to 3,000 concurrent users
||Up to 5,000 concurrent users
||2 x Intel E5
||SATA-II Hard Drive
||2 x SATA-II hot-swappable hard drive
||4 x SATA-II hot swappable hard drive
|Disk Mirror RAID
|Gigabit Ethernet Ports
||220W auto-switching universal 110/220V AC power supply
||Redundant hot-swappable power supply – 2 x 500W
||Redundant hot-swappable power supply – 2 x 500W
|Dimensions (H x W x L)
||1.75″ x 17.3″ x13.0″
||1.75″ x 17.3″ x 15.7″
||3.5″ x 17.4″ x 26″
Celestix E Series Quick Start Guide|
This guide is intended to help system administrators install and configure a new appliance with a base level setup as quickly as possible.
E Series FAQ: Active Directory Federation Services|
E Series FAQ: DirectAccess Feature|
E Series FAQ: Web Application Proxy Features|
Celestix Cloud Edge Datasheet|
Celestix Cloud Edge Security: Why an appliance|
This whitepaper discusses the benefits of deploying an appliance versus a conventional 2012 R2 server for Remote Access. Learn how a purpose built appliance can save installation time, ease configuration tasks, and reduce licensing costs.